Eggplant usually takes a large amount of time or oil. Use the microwave as a great shortcut to soften eggplant quickly, leaving it tender and ready to be turned into baba ganoush or eggplant parm.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
|1 medium size (220g)||7-8 mins|
|2 medium size (440g)||8-9 mins|
- Rinse and cut in half lengthwise.
- Rub skin with 1 teaspoon olive oil per eggplant. Place in an Anyday dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until eggplant is tender.
- For the most even cooking, flip eggplant halfway through the cook time.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a quick side dish.
Want more eggplant recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Italian: Mix with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and chopped basil
Pomegranate salad: Mix with pomegranate seeds, arugula, and Italian dressing
Baba ganoush: Blend with roasted garlic hummus until smooth, then drizzle with olive oil and pomegranate seeds
Vegan pasta sauce: Blend with vegetable stock, thyme, and garlic powder