Mushrooms naturally contain a lot of water, so they steam well and stay juicy in the microwave. Add butter and thyme to infuse rich, earthy flavor into mushrooms while they cook.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
|2 cups (120g)||7-9 mins|
|4 cups (240g)||12-14 mins|
|6 cups (360g)||22-24 mins|
- Slice mushrooms. Place in an Anyday dish.
- Cook uncovered in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until mushrooms are soft.
- Add more time if you prefer your mushrooms slightly browner.
- For the most even cooking, stir halfway through the cook time.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a quick side dish.
Want more mushroom recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Honey balsamic: Mix with balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper
Miso sesame: Mix with room temperature butter, miso paste, and sesame oil
Garlic rosemary: Mix with room temperature butter, garlic powder, and chopped rosemary
Sour cream and onion sauce: Mix with onion dip mix and sour cream over pasta, chicken, or pork