A telltale sign of spring, asparagus steams beautifully in the microwave. Stalks quickly become tender with just the right amount of crisp, turning into a vibrant green color along the way. Thicker stalks will need a bit more time to cook than thinner ones.
|1 cup (100g)||2-3 mins|
|3 cups (300g)||4-5 mins|
|5 cups (500g)||6-7 mins|
- Cut the tough, fibrous ends off of the asparagus. Rinse and cut into 2" pieces. Place in an Anyday dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until asparagus is bright green and tender, but not mushy.
- The leftover moisture after rinsing helps the asparagus steam.
- If using thick stalks, use a vegetable peeler to peel the skin off the bottom half of the stalk to make them more tender.
- For thicker stalks, add more time in 30-second increments if needed. For thinner stalks, decrease the cook time.
- For the most even cooking, stir halfway through the cook time.
Want more asparagus recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Tangy parmesan: Mix with orange zest, parmesan cheese, and rice vinegar
Mint and feta: Mix with mint, feta, and thinly sliced apple
Crispy sesame: Mix with sesame dressing (sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar), topped with crispy noodles and sesame seeds
Avocado toast topper: Mix with smashed avocado, sliced eggs, toast