Fish? In the microwave?! Yes you can, and yes you should. Salmon cooked medium-rare is flaky and tender, just as if it were poached. Bonus: the Anyday traps fish smells in the dish, saving you the dirty looks in the lunchroom.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
(4-6oz, 110-170g fillets)
|One 4-6oz piece||3-5 mins|
|Two 4-6 oz pieces||5-7 mins|
|Three 4-6 oz pieces||6-7 mins|
- Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Place in one layer in an Anyday Shallow Dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until salmon is cooked to your liking.
- For the most even cooking, flip halfway through the cook time.
- For frozen salmon, add 1 teaspoon liquid (e.g. water, chicken stock, soy sauce) per salmon fillet to quickly boost the steam. You may need to add more cook time.
- We recommend using an Anyday Shallow Dish for cooking proteins. If using an Anyday Deep Dish, you may need to add more cooking time.
Want more salmon recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Teriyaki: Mix with teriyaki sauce, served over a quick stir fry
Maple miso: Mix with miso, maple syrup, and rice vinegar. Serve with steamed bok choy
Mediterranean: Brush the top with pesto, then garnish with sliced black olives and cherry tomatoes
Smoky bagel filling: Once cool, shred and mix with cream cheese, liquid smoke, chopped chives, and lemon juice